Sunday, March 13, 2011

forty eight.

Loneliness...
...has nothing to do with Razzles.
But in all seriousness, this past week I haven't been to any of my classes because I was terribly sick. I still kind of am. My ailment(if it can be considered that) has given me the opportunity to think about loneliness. 

Merriam Webster defines it as such: the state of being without company; to be cut off from others; not frequented by human beings

ehhh... not quite right M.W.
Loneliness is not being isolated but it feeling isolated even when you are surrounded by human beings. 
According to Warren Weirsbe loneliness is "the malnutrition of the soul that comes from living on substitutes."


What substance are you replacing with substitutes? For most it is replacing love with lust; spiritual wealth with money, and peace with power. It results with loneliness. 

Instead of doing all of that, try replacing the world with the word. 

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish."
Psalm 25:16-17



No comments:

Post a Comment